GEORGIA JOBES ESTATE SALE SERVICES strives to ensure your San Antonio area estate sale is tailored to meet your needs. Whether you are liquidating personal property due to the loss of a loved one, divorce, relocation, moving, or just a change in décor, we can help you through this daunting and overwhelming task.
We Work Hard To Sell Your Items!
Georgia Jobes Estate Sale Services works hard to sell your items. We are all part of the team because we love doing this work and doing it together. Our company is family owned and operated and we consider our customers part of our extended family.
Georgia Jobes Estate Sale Services will continually work to earn and maintain your trust. We will maximize the proceeds of the sale. The biggest compliments we receive are the continual referrals from our prior customers who include attorneys, trust officers, realtors, businesses, and individuals.
If your location does not allow for estate sales open to the general public, Georgia Jobes Estate Sale Services may be able to help sell your items via a private sale or online.
Where To Begin With Your Estate Sale
Georgia Jobes specializes in estate sales in the San Antonio, Texas area. Here are some things you can do to get ready for your estate sale:
- Decide on what you are keeping, remove personal items, documents, photos, and papers. Clearly delineate those items or remove them completely.
- Don’t throw anything away other than trash and don’t donate anything at this point.
- Send us a few photos of the items you have for sale, even if they are room shots.
- Setup a walkthrough or video chat with the Georgia Jobes Estate Sale Services team.
TD – Might want a some more steps and tips for what to do before you come to the house.
What Georgia Jobes Does
Once you’ve chosen Georgia Jobes Estate Sale Services to conduct your estate sale, we will agree on terms and sign a contract. It’s important for you to know we cannot start the set-up process or confirm a sale date until the contract is signed. Below are the steps Georgia Jobes will take with your estate sale.
- We offer a turn-key experience and our flat rate commissions range from 35%-50% depending on the quality, quantity, and number of hours required to setup the estate sale. Some exceptions may apply. There is nothing more transparent than a flat rate commission. If you think it is expensive to hire a professional company wait until you hire an amateur one.
- Generally, the process is a three-week turnaround from start to finish, with some exceptions.
- During the setup process, we sort through everything and then we professionally stage all the furnishings to achieve a showroom like atmosphere.
- We price everything in the home at fair market value and have two Accredited Members of the International Society of Appraisers, ISA AM on staff.
- We photograph and/or video the contents of the estate sale, then create our ads, digital marketing, and social media campaigns. We have an average of 25,000 views per sale; as well as, an extensive email list and social media following.
- Typically, an estate sale lasts two to three days depending on the volume of goods.
- We place signage advertising the sale where appropriate, obtain permits, provide limited access to eliminate theft, secure smaller valuable items in show cases, and continuously restage during the sale.
- At the conclusion of the sale, we will help you to determine the best way to handle any items that remain.
- We pay our clients within ten business days following the conclusion of the estate sale, which will include a settlement statement and sales receipts if requested.
Some Things We Don’t Do…
- We do not charge for our initial walk through; however, if you want an appraisal of your items that is a separate service.
- We are not a refuse removal service. We don’t haul off trash and cannot dispose of hazardous materials, antiquated electronics, and non-functional appliances.
- We are not a professional cleaning service. We do offer light cleaning and polishing, as needed, for proper display and sale of items.
- We do not move heavy or large items within the home during setup and staging. We are not a professional moving company.
- We are unable to conduct an estate sale if someone is still living on the premises.
- We do not accept estate sales that have a low volume of items (garage sales). We are a professional estate sale company and successful estate sales happen when you have a large quantity of good quality items to sell (that is what creates a draw). If you have a small quantity of high value items, we can offer consignment, brokerage, or outright purchase. This includes firearm collections, jewelry, precious metals, and other valuable items.
- We do not take commission on found U.S. face value currency.
- We do not provide buyout services.
- We do not charge our clients for credit card processing fees, set up, light cleaning, advertising, or labor.